"We've achieved a lot so far and have a solid base upon which to build..." MD Fiona Macleod.
Job Vacancy – Electrical Engineer
To increase operating plant safety, flexibility, efficiency, availability and reliability in order to optimise generation.
The Electrical Engineer is a key member of the maintenance team responsible for maintenance of all Electrical Plant and Equipment including.
The Electrical Engineer will work with the Maintenance Manager and Senior Electrical Engineer to improve the maintenance strategy, ensure the efficient use of resources, develop the capability of the craft team, improve the efficiency of planned and unplanned overhauls and will utilise IFS and other key maintenance management tools to analyse breakdowns to prevent recurrence.
The Electrical Engineer will provide cover for the Senior Electrical Engineer and may be required to deputise for the Maintenance Manager.
The Electrical Engineer will assist in assessing ageing electrical plant, determining useful life, initiating and completing small capital improvement projects
The position reports into the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for:-
- Compliance with all the relevant statutory provisions
- Provision of expert advice to ensure safe operation and up to date EHS guidelines
- All reported electrical defects are investigated and rectified
- All electrical equipment is correctly installed, tested, commissioned, examined and maintained
- Regular inspections are carried out of all electrical equipment
- Persons under your control are authorised where relevant and competent to carry out their duties
- The area under your control is operated and maintained in compliance with statutory and company’s EHS guidelines
- The area under your control is managed well with respect to housekeeping.
- Cover is maintained 24/7 and during holiday and sickness
- All changes are correctly managed through the site projects and MOC processes
As the station works 24/7 365 days a year, the expectation is that the Electrical Engineer will organise cover for out of hours technical advice and attendance in an emergency.
Our Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Experience in developing and maintaining an integrity program for a similar type of facility including risk-based inspections (RBI) for all types of equipment (essential)
- Significant experience of using instrumentation and condition monitoring techniques to analyse and report on the condition and integrity of structural and associated systems
- Significant experience of using condition monitoring techniques to analyse and report the condition and performance of EC&I and mechanical equipment
- EC&I and mechanical system experience and technical competence.
- Experience of system development and system reliability
- Ability to produce detailed technical reports
- Data-driven and solution-oriented
- Organised and methodical approach
- Flexible and willing to learn complex new systems
- Proven knowledge and experience in a similar industry
- Experience of HV maintenance and switching practices (desired)
- DSEAR/ATEX experience in either EX4, EX5, EX6 or EX14 (desired), however training will be given as appropriate.
- Understanding of electrical protection schemes (desired)
- BEng Hons degree in Engineering (essential)
- IEng or CEng accreditation with a relevant institution (desired)
- IOSH management qualifications (desired)
To apply for this position please go to EPUKi – Careers