"We've achieved a lot so far and have a solid base upon which to build..." MD Fiona Macleod.
Job Vacancy – Site Services Engineer
Vacancy Reference: LPL 0030
EPUK Investments Ltd (EPUKI) is the UK division of Energetický a průmyslový holdings (EPH), a leading energy group of over 70 companies that owns and operates assets across Europe. EPH group employs circa 25,000 people internationally, owns €16.7bn of assets, generating €8.6bn of revenue and an EBITDA of €2.1bn.
EPUKI was established in 2015 as the strategic platform for expanding the EPH group into the UK energy market. Since launching, EPUKI has made several acquisitions and now owns multiple renewable and flexible power generating assets in the UK and Ireland.
EPUKI has grown rapidly to revenues ~£1.5bn and EBITDA >£200m. We pride ourselves on an entrepreneurial culture and flat leadership structure where individuals (wherever they are in the organisation) can make a real impact on our business.
Our aim is to enable the UK and Ireland low carbon transition through provision of flexible and reliable energy supply. To achieve this, we will:
- develop, construct and acquire the right assets to support the transformation of the energy system;
- invest in our people and our assets to best respond to the changing needs of our sector;
- continuously challenge ourselves to identify opportunities, build our knowledge and develop innovative solutions.
Part of the EP UK Investments (EPUKI) portfolio is Lynemouth Power, which began a 420MW biomass conversion project in 2016. The bio-mass conversion is one of the largest civil engineering projects in the UK, with multi millions invested by EPH at the Lynemouth Power Plant in Northumberland. This has included the construction of six new silos, the development of bespoke large-scale handling facilities at the Port of Tyne, resurrection or the trainline from the port direct to Lynemouth Power Station and a comprehensive overhaul and modification of all on-site equipment.
An opportunity has arisen within the Maintenance Department at Lynemouth Power Station for a Mechanical Craftsperson to work within our onsite multi-disciplined maintenance teams. The successful candidate will carry out maintenance and repair of all plant and equipment relating to both mechanical generation and fuel handling activities.
The responsibilities will include:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance on a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- Fault finding and rectifying problems on mechanical equipment.
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM’s).
- Working to the site safety rules and Safe Systems of Work (SSOW).
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assisting with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of mechanical work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completing accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Developing and implementing engineering procedures, instructions, method statements, risk assessments and guidance documents.
- Carrying out preventative planned maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Complying with statutory regulations and safety requirements
Our Ideal Candidate
- A good understanding of mechanical principles
- Experience working in a fast-paced heavy process environment, often under pressure and working to tight timescales.
- Working efficiently & effectively in mechanical engineering
- Experience / knowledge of safe systems of work including permit to work, method statements and risk assessments.
- Ability to engage and influence team members at all levels within the organisation
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic work environment
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- A time served EITB or NVQ apprenticeship (or equivalent) in a Mechanical discipline area – essential
- IOSH – desirable
- Engineering HNC – desirable
To apply for this position please go to EPUKi – Careers
Applications should arrive no later than 10thAugust 2022.