"We've achieved a lot so far and have a solid base upon which to build..." MD Fiona Macleod.
Job Vacancy – Site Services Engineer
An opportunity has arisen within the Maintenance department at Lynemouth Power Station for a Site Services Engineer to work within our onsite multi-disciplined teams. The successful candidate will provide effective management of site services, buildings, and structures. Supporting the Engineering team, the Service Engineer will be the temporary works co-ordinator and will manage all types of temporary works and be accountable for the temporary works schedule.
Working as a member of a multi-disciplined team, the key responsibilities are to:
- Ensuring that health, safety, and environmental standards are maintained by providing direct supervision of work activities and contract staff, carrying out the delegate person responsibility to assist in ensuring site compliance.
- Developing, communicating, and implementing complex and multiple task plans supporting the preparation and execution of project and overhaul activities, including development of contract specifications, including resource management and scheduling.
- Ensuring all site services and building structures meet the required standard and statutory compliance.
- Ensuring all site service are functioning within legal, customer, environmental and business requirements.
- Ensuring all compliance records are managed and maintained
- Monitoring and maintaining all structural areas of the building to an acceptable standard.
- Managing Legionella site requirements – working with the station chemist and suppliers to comply with regulations.
- Ensuring site drainage – repair and replacement: Pressure jetting / drain cleaning, low level pumps, road drainage and oil inceptor reception and associated systems.
- Site sewage pumps / pipework and treatment systems
- Site industrial cleaning systems
- Site painting contract engineering sponsor
- Site roads and pedestrian pathways
- Site roller shutter doors
- Site HVAC
- Site vacuum systems
- Site passenger lifts: arranging service periods & repairs, arranging Statutory Examinations
- Site permanent cranes: Arranging service periods & repairs, arranging Statutory Examinations
- Site heating and domestic plumbing, Including gas storage & pipework
- Contractor facilities – Work with our contract partners to ensure high levels of hygiene can be maintained and that the ablutions and other facilities are in a good working order.
- Site Cleaning requirements including road sweeping, grass cutting, vermin control
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 4 years of maintenance experience within industry
- A competent co-ordinator with both the technical knowledge and experience to propose and challenge objectives
- Experience / knowledge of safe systems of work including PTW, method statements and risk assessments.
- Proven knowledge and experience in a similar industry
- Standards applicable to maintenance & operations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure and working to tight timescales.
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills to disseminate information to a wide range of staff and contractors at all levels
- Ability to read and work from P&ID drawings / documents. Effective time management, planning and organisational skills
- Flexible approach adapting quickly to new changes in the job and work environment and who enjoys being fully involved in ensuring the business is a success, demonstrating a strong “can do” attitude
- HND or Degree Qualified (preferred) in an engineering discipline
- IEng or CEng accreditation with a relevant institution – desirable
- IOSH management qualifications – desirable
- Time served EITB or NVQ apprenticeship (or equivalent) in a mechanical discipline area – essential
To apply for this position please go to EPUKi – Careers