Saving approximately 1.5m tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions compared to coal
Lynemouth Power Limited (LPL) is recruiting for Craft Operators (three positions/full-time)
Vacancy Reference: LPL0002
Opportunities have arisen within the maintenance department of Lynemouth Power Station for Craft Operators (Mechanical, Electrical and C&I) to work within multi-disciplined maintenance teams. The successful candidates will operate and carry out maintenance of the plant and equipment within the Fuel and Ash system.
Working as a member of a multi-disciplined maintenance team, the key responsibilities and duties will include:-
- Carrying out planned maintenance tasks and operational duties within the Fuel and Ash plant sections in line with operational procedures and schedule
- Providing first line maintenance support throughout the Power Station as required during breakdowns either independently or with the maintenance team
- Providing cover as and when required for other operational areas and roles
- Ensuring operational and maintenance activities are complete in line with environmental procedures
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of the generating units
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience and knowledge in Power Station operations
- Experience in working in a multi discipline maintenance team
- Operational awareness
- Ability to engage and influence team members at all levels within the organisation
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic work environment
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- EITB or NVQ qualified in a relevant discipline area (mechanical, electrical and control and instrumentation)
- Preferably IOSH management qualification (or working towards)
The starting salary will be dependent upon the successful candidate’s skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Bonus Opportunity, DC Pension, Healthcare Scheme, Sick Pay
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Applications should arrive no later than 07 May 2021.
To apply please visit: https://www.epuki.co.uk/careers-(1)/vacancies/
Further information: EPUKI (part of The EPH Group)
EP UK Investments (EPUKI) was established in 2014 as the platform for expanding The EPH group into the UK and All Ireland energy markets. EPUKI’s parent company, EPH, owns and operates assets in the Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Germany, the UK, Italy, Ireland, France and Switzerland. EPH is a vertically integrated energy utility covering the complete value chain ranging from highly efficient cogeneration, power generation and natural gas transmission, gas storage, gas and electricity distribution and supply. EPH is the 6th largest producer of power in Europe employing over 25,000 team members.
Part of the portfolio is Lynemouth Power which began a 420MW biomass conversion project in 2016. The biomass conversion is one of the largest civil engineering projects in the UK, with multi millions invested by EPH at the Northumberland power plant. This has included the construction of six new silos, the development of bespoke large-scale handling facilities at the Port of Tyne, resurrection of the trainline from the port direct to Lynemouth Power Station, and a comprehensive overhaul and modification of all onsite equipment.