Saving approximately 1.5m tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions compared to coal
EPUKI (Part of the EPH Group)
EC&I Craft Person
Based at Lynemouth Power Station
(Vacancy Reference: LPL 0004)
EP UK Investments (EPUKI) was established in 2014 as the platform for expanding the EPH group into the UK and All Ireland Energy Markets. EPUKI’s parent company EPH owns and operates assets in the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Germany, the UK, Italy, Ireland, France and Switzerland. EPH is a vertically integrated energy utility covering the complete value chain ranging from highly efficient cogeneration, power generation, and natural gas transmission, gas storage, gas and electricity distribution and supply. EPH is the 6th largest producer of power in Europe, employing over 25,000 team members.
Part of the portfolio is Lynemouth Power which began a 420MW biomass conversion project in 2016. The bio-mass conversion is one of the largest civil engineering projects in the UK, with multi millions invested by EPH at the Lynemouth Power Plant in Northumberland. This has included the construction of six new silos, the development of bespoke large-scale handling facilities at the Port of Tyne, resurrection or the trainline from the port direct to Lynemouth Power Station and a comprehensive overhaul and modification of all on-site equipment.
An opportunity has arisen within the Maintenance Department at Lynemouth Power Station for a Craft Person with an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation bias to work within our onsite multi-disciplined maintenance teams. The successful candidate will carry out maintenance and repair of all plant and equipment relating to both electrical generation and fuel handling activities.
Working as a member of a multi-disciplined Maintenance team and reporting to the C&I Maintenance Engineer, the key responsibilities will include:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance on a wide range of electrical, control and instrumentation equipment
- Fault finding and rectifying problems on electrical, control and instrumentation equipment
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM’s)
- Working to the site safety rules and safe systems of work (SSOW)
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures
- Assisting with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of EC&I work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner
- Completing accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Developing and implementing engineering procedures, instructions, method statements, risk assessments and guidance documents
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven knowledge / experience working on the following aspects of electrical, control and instrumentation systems
- Experience of Calibration of instrumentation (Level, Temperature, Pressure, Flow etc.), fault finding and rectifying problems on DCS, SCADA and PLC’s, control panels, wiring standards, motor / switchgear cubicles, variable speed drives (VSD’s).
- Awareness of HV equipment
- Ability to read and work from EC&I drawings / documents
- Experience / knowledge of safe systems of work including permit to work, method statements and risk assessments
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure and working to tight timescales
- The ability to fault-find and repair electrical, control and instrumentation assets
- Comp Ex qualification preferred or a williness to complete the specific training required
- Maintenance experience, preferably in a heavy process environment
- Ability to engage and influence team members at all levels within the organisation
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic work environment
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- EITB or NVQ apprenticeship (or equivalent) in either an Electrical, Control or Instrumentation discipline
- IOSH (desirable)
- Engineering HNC (desirable)
The starting salary will be dependent upon the successful candidate’s skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact the HR Department on 07761 763150.